OUR CHURCHES WILL NOW OPEN FOR MASS
During the current National Lockdown our churches will continue to remain open for Mass. Further updated guidelines received this week on the 25th January from Bishop Marcus as follows:
HANDS - FACE - SPACE - FRESH AIR
PLEASE HELP TO KEEP OUR CHURCHES OPEN FOR WORSHIP BY FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES.
Please REMEMBER to book before 12 noon on Friday to attend all weekend Masses including the Saturday 12.15pm Mass. Use the NHS Test & Trace QR in church.
Removal of the obligation to attend Mass during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Hand Sanitisation âž¢ Ensure hand sanitiser is available and used on entering and leaving the Church or using the toilet facilities. âž¢ Remind all present of the importance of hand hygiene.
- Face Coverings âž¢ Face-coverings are compulsory by law in churches. There are a limited number of valid medical exemptions, and individuals who do not need to wear a face covering should make their circumstances known when asked.
- Social Distancing âž¢ Everyone must abide by social distancing advice and wherever possible keep 2 metres apart. âž¢ No one is to mingle with anyone who is not a member of their household or support bubble, either within or outside the church. This requires people to leave promptly at the end of the service. âž¢ Ensure seating areas are clearly identified.
- Ventilation âž¢ Where possible introduce good cross ventilation. This can be achieved by partially opening windows, opening higher windows, and keeping doors ajar (this does not include fire doors) to create a flow of air whilst maintaining a comfortable temperature.
- Mass âž¢ Mass should be celebrated reverently but in the briefest period of time possible.
Owing to the serious situation, the Bishops' Conference of England and Wales has updated its guidelines. The Obligation for the Faithful to attend Holy Mass on a Sunday or Holy day of Obligation has been removed, until further notice.
Our Parish Diary will be kept up-to-date with all the current and future events within the Parish.
You can filter events based on which type they are using the drop-down menu below.
Registered users can get reminders about event by e-mail
Login or register here