SEEING YOUR LIFE THROUGH THE LENS OF THE GOSPELS Lent 4:1-13
Read 219 Times
1. The temptations were a step for Jesus in his growing understanding of his mission and of his relationship with his Father. Can you look back at some painful experiences and acknowledge that you have grown through them, both in your knowledge of yourself, and in your relationships with others and with God? Give thanks for the guidance of the Spirit of God in these times.
2. Behind each of the specific temptations is a basic temptation to lose trust in God. Jesus resisted this because he recognised his complete dependence on his Father.
How have you come to recognise your life and the whole world as gifts from God?
3. One can enter into each of the temptations singly. There may be ones that you have experienced:
- the temptation to give priority to bodily needs and satisfactions
- the temptation to power
- the temptation to seek to be the centre of attention.
How have you grown through wrestling with these temptations?
Published Sat 9th Mar 2019 00:01:02
Last Modified on Sat 9th Mar 2019 00:07:56