Seeing Your Life through the Lens of the Gospels - Matthew 28:16-20
Read 111 Times
1. It is time for Jesus to return to his Father. He meets his disciples for the last time. His final words give them direction for their future. Perhaps you can recall such parting moments in your own life - leaving home, school, college, training, the death of a loved one. What was that like for you? Were there words spoken then that gave you direction for your future?
2. Perhaps you can identify with Jesus in the story, when as a parent, teacher, or in some other way you sent someone on his/her way in life knowing you would not be with him or her as in the past. When did the way you parted help the other to make his, or her, own way in life?
3. Jesus told his disciples that although he would not be with them as in the past he would be with them in a new way right throughout their lives. Have there been times when you were reassured by the love and support of another even though s/he was not physically present with you?
4. In parting with his disciples Jesus gave them a mission for the future. Where, when, and how did you get a sense of the meaning and purpose of your own life? How does that sustain you now? Is there any way in which that purpose ties in with the mission given to the eleven to spread the Good News?
5. Jesus promised to be with his disciples until the end of time. It is a promise he would fulfil through the gift of the Holy Spirit. That promise is also given to us. What helps you to be aware of the presence of the Holy Spirit with you on life's journey
Published Sat 29th May 2021 03:38:33
Last Modified on Sat 29th May 2021 03:38:33