Read 130 Times
When Bishop Marcus asked the Mini Vinnie group at St. Clare's Bradford about their weekly meeting this is what they told him:
Mini Vinnies weekly meeting
- A â€˜President' leads the meeting and organises the group.
- An adult will co-ordinate the group and give help and practical advice.
- Meetings should be as brief as possible.
- The President opens the meeting with a prayer.
- A short spiritual reading/reflection/piece of music/meditation follows.
- The Group members could take turns to do this.
- Group members then talk about the Mini Vinnies' activities they have done since the previous meeting.
- Any future plans are then discussed.
- The President concludes the meeting with a prayer.
They then recited their prayer and pledge for him :
Our Mini Vinnies prayer
Lord, thank you for our gifts and talents.
Our Mini Vinnies pledge
As a member of Mini Vinnies, I promise to make a difference to my world by:
Lord, show us who needs our help.
Lord, use our hands to help those who are hungry.
Lord, open our hearts to love and
comfort those who are sad and lonely.
Lord, let us share our time, gifts
and talents with those in need.
Lord, help us to care for the sick.
Lord, may we all help and support each
other as Mini Vinnies to build a better world. Amen
- Caring for, respecting and loving myself
- Strengthening my friendship with Jesus by talking to him each day and talking to others about him
- Caring for others in my school and community by being a friend to those who are alone, in need or in trouble
- Making my family happy by my help, respect and showing kindness and consideration
- Caring for and enjoying God's world
- Treating others the way I would like them to treat me
Please remember the young people in your prayers as they continue the wonderful work they do in their schools, parishes and communities.
I will continue to keep you posted about the developments, events and progress of the Mini Vinnies in our Diocese.
Published Thu 16th May 2019 13:45:53
Last Modified on Thu 16th May 2019 13:46:38