Parish Pastoral Council for Blessed John Henry Newman 1st May 2018
Read 451 Times
The meeting started with a Prayer prepared by Marion Waller
Refugees Crisis meeting in the Parish - Night shelter
- Tony Pickles was invited to the meeting to explain the purpose and what Night shelter is.
- Copy of the presentation given by Tony is attached.
- Tony is seeking commitment from the PPC members and the wider community of the church.
Minutes from the previous meeting were read and approved.
Action from the previous meeting
Carol Daley. "The art of accompaniment"
. Carol has done her piece by bringing the book to the PPC members and is very aware that there is a lot going on in the parish at this time. It has been decided to return to the book over time and use the book as a focus and guidance. We have many parish activities that are witness to the art of accompaniment and need to be mindful of parish members commitments inside and outside the wider church community before introducing a further initiative. (Action point)
- The count to start on the 5th / 6th May (Action point)
Youth & Family Ministry
- Family Groups It is a very powerful video. Ben to contact Chris at St Gregory's to check before presentation at St Gregory's.
- Ben & Patrick Bradley to contact Fr Pat & Maureen Fletcher but this will not now be until September.
Youth & Family Ministry
- BGT Big Get Together 2018 meeting 25th April. A prayer card has been produced by Carol and it is suggested that the prayer be said at Mass by the children when they return to church after their liturgy. It was agreed that the prayer to be said in place of the Blessed John Henry Newman prayer at the beginning of Mass during the month of June. (Action point)
- It is hoped the older children who have just been Confirmed will be involved. Maureen Fletcher to follow this up. (Action point)
- A brief talk was given at St Gregory coffee morning on Sunday 29th April and some have volunteered to help with refreshments at the BGT
- There are some people to be received into church at Pentecost and it is hoped they will be invited to be part of the celebration at the BGT. (Action point)
- Time is tight but things are moving and it is important that more people are involved and committed.
- The original purpose of the BGT was to get the young people together, this was extended to include the "WHOLE PARISH" community together to celebrate.
- The proposed Mass time on the 24th June are Corpus Christi 5.15pm & St Gregory's 6.30pm Vigil Masses. On Sunday there will be 8.15am Mass at St Theresa's and 6pm in the evening at St Theresa's
- On the 24th June the BGT with Mass at 11.00am at St Theresa's primary school for the WHOLE PARISH.
- A poster on each church door to say there is no morning Mass but it is at St Theresa's primary school grounds. The Mass times to be on the bulletin with the prayer during June (Action point)
Adoremus National Eucharistic Pilgrimage & Congress September 2018
- We have 8 individuals who have committed to attend the congress.
- There will be different leaflets given out over the 9 weeks before the congress each on a different theme.
East Leeds Churches Together Passport and Songs of Praise.
- Carol said the Songs of Praises was a wonderful event and very well attended.
- The pilgrimage between the churches. Over 45 visitors came to our 3 churches of the parish.
- Fr G walked between 3 churches on his way to Corpus Christi to celebrate Mass and he learnt a lot about the churches.
- At the last Churches Together meeting this was discussed and it was decided to do this again in 2 years.
- Deacon Sean Quigley has accepted the post of Chair of the Churches Together East Leeds with effect from September.
- It has been suggested that we look at the other churches within our area to see what they offer for their teenagers at services and Mass.
The meeting closed with a prayer at 8.01pm
- Thursday 3rd May is voting day in the local area everyone is encourage to vote.
- Deacon Sean has been ordained for 5 years. Deacon Sean has been granted permission from Bishop Marcus to take a sabbatical for a period of 3 months from 21st May returning to his parish ministry in September.
Prayers for the next meeting will be prepared by Moira Wager
PPC Reflection meeting & Social Tuesday 19th June 2018 7.00pm in church
Next Meeting of the Parish Pastoral Council - Tuesday 3rd July
Published Sat 5th May 2018 08:39:06
Last Modified on Sat 5th May 2018 08:39:06