Dates for your diary! Leeds Newman Festival
During 22nd -26th September our parish will host a series of events to celebrate the imminent canonisation of Blessed John Henry Newman.
Please pop these dates in your diary so you can attend:
* Sun 22nd - Parish Pilgrimage to Birmingham Oratory
(coach departing 12.30pm, returning 8.30pm)
* Mon 23rd Talk by Fr Dennis Cassidy, 7pm
* Tue 24th Talk by Fr Richard Duffield, 7pm
* Wed 25th Talk by Mgr Rod Strange, 7pm
* Thu 26th Pontifical Mass celebrated by Bishop Marcus Stock, 7pm
* We are also looking at the possibility of putting on a "Come and Sing" event, open to all, which will go through parts of The Dream of Gerontius. More details to follow!
NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF UNFAILING HELP
Sunday 22nd September Parish Pilgrimage to Birmingham Oratory
The coach will depart St Theresa's church at 12.00noon
returning approx. 8.30pm
Cost £30.00 under 18s cost £10
which includes a meal at a local restaurant. If interested please pick up a booking form from the church porch and complete it and return to the parish office with your full payment as soon as possible. Places limited so BOOK EARLY.
: The annual Novena to Our Lady of Unfailing Help, the Principal Patron of the Diocese, takes place from 19th to 27th June 2018 at Leeds Cathedral, Cookridge Street, Leeds LS2 6BE. Monday to Friday 6.15pm Saturday and Sunday 5.15pm.
Please see the poster in the Porch.
A Prayer Card is available in each church to assist you during
the Novena period. Please take one.
Leeds Cathedral is to hold the second LEEDS INTERNATIONAL ORGAN FESTIVAL
Extraordinary Minister (Eucharistic Ministers)
authorised in the parish will renew their commitment at ALL Masses this weekend.
this summer. Between 13th May and 10th July, organists young and old will have the opportunity to hear, meet and perform alongside renowned international concert organists who will join the local resident team. A range of music from Bach to theatre organ repertoire will be played on the Cathedral's magnificent Klais organ, with other events in Huddersfield and Ossett, showcasing some of the finest instruments in West Yorkshire. See posters in church for more information.
Memorial Mass for Albert Maher:
Former President of the Leeds Central Council of the SVP. A Mass will be offered for Albert at SS Peter & Paul Sandal on Monday 22nd July at 7.00pm.
Fr Paul Grogan
- who was a curate 1998 and 2000, will be celebrating his Silver Jubilee at a Mass at 6.30pm Tuesday 16th July at St Winefride's Church, Bradford (BD6 1ST) and would be glad to see anyone who remembers him and who have forgiven him his youthful failings.
OUR FATHERS OF FAITH
(vols. 3 & 4) is a collection of biographical sketches of over 200 priests who served the Diocese of Leeds (c.1915 - 1939). The two volumes (totalling over 600 pages) are available from Fr. Nicholas Hird at cost price £25 (for the 2 volumes) - (01274 - 872984 or
Colton Methodist Church Gala
- Saturday 6th July 1pm - 4pm on the Princess Fields
Living Faith- Daily Catholic Devotion booklet for July & August
available in the church porch at a cost of £1 each.
St Theresa's Church Cleaners
: Team C 28th June